Updated:- Thursday 10th September 2020
We are delighted to inform you that our Tours and overnight stays re-commenced on 6th July 2020. In regards to the latest announcement and press conference from the PM on Wednesday 9th September 2020 @ 4pm, being a fully COVID-secure business this does not affect us and I can absolutely assure you we are doing our very best to protect you, our most important customer as well as protecting our valued staff team here at Old Luxters.
Ahead of your visit I would like to inform you of the measures we will have in place to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable and that the welfare of all our guests, staff and families are protected;
ALL customers must have Pre Booked their tour - if you have NOT received your confirmation email from us (check junk/spam) please contact us to confirm your booking.
- In order to be compliant with Government advice, we have reduced the capacity on our tours to allow social distancing.
- We have enhanced our cleaning processes. In addition to usual and regular cleaning we also use a ‘Antiviral Surface Treatment’.
- Our site has also been professionally disinfected.
- We have hand sanitising stations at strategic locations around the site.
- Subject to weather conditions as much as possible of the tour will be undertaken outdoors.
- In indoor production areas, standing areas are indicated with markings on the floor in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- During the tasting session you will be allocated a designated tasting station with clean glassware, filtered water, spittoon as well as tasting notes and pencil. This will be safely located away from other guests.
- We have developed a pouring process that allows you and our Tour Guide to maintain social distancing. This will be explained at the start of the tasting.
- Our shop is open for business but we have adopted a policy of no more than 4 customers with face coverings in the shop at any one time and have a “pop up shop” specifically for tour guests located in our spacious, airy barn.
- We will only accept card payments for purchases made on the day so please no cash
- If you are booked into our B&B check-in is 2.30pm on the day of arrival and check-out is 10.15am on the day of departure.
- In accordance with the law we are obliged to keep customer contact information for 21 days for track and trace purposes, upon arrival please confirm that the contact details we have for you are correct.
How You Can Help Us;
- FACE COVERINGS ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL TOUR GUESTS.
- On the day of your tour, if you or any of your party, are unwell and present any of the symptoms of Coronavirus please do not come! Please contact us and we will endeavour to rebook your visit. We are happy to waive expiry dates on vouchers in these circumstances.
- If you have been asked to self-isolate or have returned from overseas and are required to quarantine for 14 days, please contact us to re-arrange your visit.
- If you are coming from a local lockdown area please call us to re-arrange your visit.
- If you have booked using a voucher we ask you please to bring this along with you.
- On arrival please familiarise yourselves with the health and safety measures. Your Tour Guide and all our staff will be happy to help with this. In particular please use hand sanitisers and follow hand washing protocols.
- During the tour please follow the directions of the Tour Guide particularly in terms of standing positions and traffic flow around the site. Follow arrows clearly marked
- We understand that, in current circumstances, finding child and pet care may be more challenging. However please do not bring children with you as we are strictly controlling numbers on tours. As we are classed as a food production site dogs are never permitted in our production areas.
- We have prided ourselves on being wheelchair friendly and have welcomed many guests over the years with mobility issues. It is an 18th century site with a cobbled courtyard, some ramps and narrow doorways. Often this has required our staff assisting in a hands-on manner. In current circumstances we cannot offer hands on assistance with manoeuvring wheelchairs around the site. If you plan on bringing a wheelchair, we strongly advise that you call our office to discuss your particular circumstances.
As a small family business, the Coronavirus pandemic has had a profound impact on our business and we are keen to rebuild going forward. We do hope to welcome you to Old Luxters and hope that the above measures put your mind at rest. However, we fully understand that you may not feel it is appropriate to visit at this time and are happy to move your booking to a later date in the year for you. We would therefore be extremely grateful if you could contact us if you can no longer make this tour or simply would prefer to move your booking. Please email us at email@example.com or telephone us on 01491 638330 at your earliest convenience.
Finally, we very much look forward to welcoming you for a relaxed and convivial visit. If you have any issues or concerns that have not been dealt with above, please do contact our office on 01491 638 330
Donald Ealand (General Manager)