Page updated:- Monday 19th July 2021.
After the latest announcement on Monday 12th July 2021 by the PM regarding the final easing of restrictions in England, we are operating the following measures to keep our customers and staff safe.
Ahead of your visit I would like to inform you of the measures we will have in place to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable and that the welfare of all our guests, staff and families are protected;
- ALL customers must have Pre Booked their tour - if you have NOT received your confirmation email from us, (do check your junk/spam folders) please contact us to confirm your booking.
- In order to be cautious, we still have reduced capacity on our tours to allow safe & sensible distancing between us all.
- We have enhanced our cleaning protocols. In addition to usual and regular cleaning we also use a ‘Antiviral Surface Treatment’.
- We still will maintain and have hand sanitising stations at strategic locations around the site and encourage the use of these frequently.
- Subject to weather conditions, the tour will be undertaken outdoors as much as possible.
- In indoor production areas, we strongly encourage our guests to keep a safe & sensible distance and recommend face coverings to still be worn.
- During the tasting session you will be allocated a designated tasting station with your own sterlised clean glassware, filtered water, spittoon as well as personal tasting notes and pencil.
- Our shop is open for business (7 Days) but we strongly recommend all our staff and guests to still wear a face covering inside at all times. Customer numbers will be limited.
- Card payments are preferable although we do now accept cash.
- If you are booked into our B&B check-in is 2.30pm on the day of arrival and check-out is 10.15am on the day of departure.
- For guests staying in our B & B we strongly recommend to still wear a face covering inside whilst in the public areas of the house.
- As a responsible business and to help prevent the spread of the virus we still provide a QR code on entrance to the site, we ask you to scan this and we keep these details for track and trace purposes.
How You Can Help Us;
FACE COVERINGS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED FOR ALL GUESTS.
On the day of your tour, if you or any of your party, are unwell and present any of the symptoms of Coronavirus please do not come! Please contact us and we will endeavour to rebook your visit. We are happy to waive expiry dates on vouchers in these circumstances.
If you have been asked to self-isolate or have returned from overseas and are required to quarantine, please contact us to re-arrange your visit.
If you have booked using a voucher we ask you please to bring this along with you.
On arrival please familiarise yourselves with the on-site health and safety measures. Your Tour Guide and any of our staff will be happy to help with this. In particular please use the hand sanitisers provided across the site.
During the tour please follow the directions of the Tour Guide.
We understand that, in current circumstances, finding child and pet care may be more challenging. However please do not bring children with you as we are controlling numbers on tours. As we are classed as a food production site, dogs are never permitted in our production areas.
We have prided ourselves on being wheelchair friendly and have welcomed many guests over the years with mobility issues. It is an 18th century site with a cobbled courtyard, some ramps and narrow doorways. Often this has required our staff assisting in a hands-on manner. In current circumstances we cannot offer hands on assistance with manoeuvring wheelchairs around the site. If you plan on bringing a wheelchair, we strongly advise that you call our office to discuss your particular circumstances.
We hope that the above measures put your mind at ease in advance of your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you for a relaxed and convivial visit.
We would be extremely grateful if you could contact us if you can no longer make this tour. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01491 638 330 at your earliest convenience.
Best Wishes ~ Donald Ealand (GM & Family Owner)