Page updated:- Tuesday 11th May 2021.
After the latest announcement on Monday 10th May 2021 by the PM regarding the easing of the lockdown restrictions in England, we are delighted to be able to welcome customers back from Monday 17th May 2021 for Tours and overnight stays.
Ahead of your visit I would like to inform you of the measures we will have in place to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable and that the welfare of all our guests, staff and families are protected;
- ALL customers must have Pre Booked their tour - if you have NOT received your confirmation email from us, (do check your junk/spam folders) please contact us to confirm your booking.
- In order to be compliant with Government advice, we have reduced the capacity on our tours to allow social distancing. We cannot take bookings of more than 6 people in one group.
- We have enhanced our cleaning protocols. In addition to usual and regular cleaning we also use a ‘Antiviral Surface Treatment’.
- We have hand sanitising stations at strategic locations around the site.
- Subject to weather conditions, the tour will be undertaken outdoors as much as possible.
- In indoor production areas, standing areas are indicated with markings on the floor in accordance with social distancing guidelines and face coverings need to be worn.
- During the tasting session you will be allocated a designated tasting station with clean glassware, filtered water, spittoon as well as tasting notes and pencil. This will be safely located away from other guests using dividing screens.
- Our shop is open for business (7 Days) but we have adopted a policy of no more than 4 customers with face coverings in the shop at any one time.
- Card payments are preferable.
- If you are booked into our B&B check-in is 2.30pm on the day of arrival and check-out is 10.15am on the day of departure.
- For guests staying in our B & B we ask you to wear your face covering while in the public areas of the house. Face coverings can of course be removed when seated.
- In accordance with the law we are obliged to keep customer contact information for 21 days for track and trace purposes. Upon arrival please scan our QR code which is located at the front of the site as well as on the front door of the shop and entrance of B&B. Alternatively if you do not have the Covid App please confirm that the contact details we have for you are correct.
How You Can Help Us;
FACE COVERINGS ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL TOUR GUESTS.
On the day of your tour, if you or any of your party, are unwell and present any of the symptoms of Coronavirus please do not come! Please contact us and we will endeavour to rebook your visit. We are happy to waive expiry dates on vouchers in these circumstances.
If you have been asked to self-isolate or have returned from overseas and are required to quarantine, please contact us to re-arrange your visit.
If you have booked using a voucher we ask you please to bring this along with you.
On arrival please familiarise yourselves with the on-site health and safety measures. Your Tour Guide and all our staff will be happy to help with this. In particular please use the hand sanitisers provided and follow hand washing protocols.
During the tour please follow the directions of the Tour Guide particularly in terms of standing positions and traffic flow around the site.
We understand that, in current circumstances, finding child and pet care may be more challenging. However please do not bring children with you as we are strictly controlling numbers on tours. As we are classed as a food production site, dogs are never permitted in our production areas.
We have prided ourselves on being wheelchair friendly and have welcomed many guests over the years with mobility issues. It is an 18th century site with a cobbled courtyard, some ramps and narrow doorways. Often this has required our staff assisting in a hands-on manner. In current circumstances we cannot offer hands on assistance with manoeuvring wheelchairs around the site. If you plan on bringing a wheelchair, we strongly advise that you call our office to discuss your particular circumstances.
We do hope to welcome you to Old Luxters and hope that the above measures put your mind at rest. We would be extremely grateful if you could contact us if you can no longer make this tour. Please email us at email@example.com or telephone us on 01491 638 330 at your earliest convenience.
Finally, we very much look forward to welcoming you for a relaxed and convivial visit.
Please stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you in due course at Chiltern Valley Winery & Brewery.
Best Wishes ~ Donald Ealand (GM & Family Owner)